Christmas 2015 | Collective Haul!

I have just spent the last 2 hours of my life deciding which 'washi tape' patterns I want to buy on eBay. Please send help. I don't even have my planner yet.

Moving on.

Today I thought I'd share with you what I got for Christmas this year! I'm writing this post a bit late this year but I suppose it's better late than never because I genuinely love reading these back. (Side Note, I just realised I now have five years in my blog archive...woah) I'm going to throw in what I bought in the Boxing Day sales and the few items I picked up at the airport in Stuttgart so get yourselves comfortable.


First up is this Olivia Burton Watch. I spied this on the John Lewis website back in about September and swiftly informed my sister to hint to my Mum that I'd been looking at them. I could have asked her myself but I don't usually request things for Christmas, I enjoy the surprise.

Anyway, receiving this was so timely as I accidentally left my old watch in Manchester airport on the way to Stuttgart. cry. Luckily it wasn't an expensive watch but this one is, not just in value but in sentiment, too as it was bought for me.

It comes in lots of different colour varieties and face sizes but I opted for the rose gold face and a black strap so that it will look clean forever.

I love it!


Next, I received two Pandora rings. I got the January birthstone ring (oh how I wish my birthstone was green) and a silver flower ring to pair with it. These two look so beautiful together and I'm really happy that I can finally jump on the Pandora ring band-wagon hahaha.



Now, we've got the mandatory new PJs prezzie. I had 2 pairs of PJs but I was wearing one pair whilst taking these pictures and I also got some new slippers which I was also wearing.

The ones in the picture consist of a t-shirt and 3/4 length leggings with the slogan 'Today I don't feel like doing anything at all' on it which very accurately describes my most common state-of-mind.

The other pair are grey with white stars, they feel very soft and fleecy and have full length arms and legs.

I really need to organise my PJ draw because I discovered the other day that the bottom of it was falling out. great. Old pairs must retire.



My sister bought me The Joker. I wish. Next best thing, a figurine of the joker.

I love him. He sits proudly next to my TV.



Each year my close friends and I do a secret santa swap. This year, I received a Dior makeup set consisting of the cutest little eyeshadow palette and their Iconic Overcurl mascara. I haven't used either of these yet but I will definitely let you know what I think. Has anyone else tried them?

My secret santa also bought me a bauble from Harrods. When I went to London in October I really wanted to buy one for myself but the shop was shut unfortunately. So my friend bought me one to match my tree when she went back to London later on in the year. I forgot to take a picture of it before I took my decorations down but it's a beautiful dark grey with iridescent beads and sparkles covering the top if it. It's definitely something I'd have picked for myself. She knows me well!



That pretty much rounds up what I received for Christmas. I was also given some money which I spent on Boxing Day and you'll see that shortly. But I do want to quickly show you what I bought in Stuttgart airport.

We didn't spend as many euros as we thought in Germany so my Mum and I treated ourselves on the way back to a bottle of perfume each. She bought Roberto Cavalli Paradisio which is beautiful and I picked up Marc Jacobs Violet which is only available in airports. I love the scent but I would be lying if I said the packaging was't the main reason I bought it. The bottle is so stunning.

I also picked up a set of 10 mini-sized Clinique lip glosses. I don't know...I seem to be going through a lip gloss phase and these really appealed.


On Boxing Day, I went to the Trafford Centre with my friends. I had my reservations, I must say, I feared that we were going to be like sardines in a tin but it really wasn't too bad. I found lots of deals, spent my Christmas money and my Boots points. It was a good day!

We went to Boots first and most of the gift shelves had been ransacked already, there wasn't much left but I did find some makeup bits.

My Boots points, which I save throughout the year, went on a new 150ml Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser. Mine ran out a few months ago and I missed it dearly so I bought this set for £20. Additionally, I picked up the No.7 eyeliner set for £18 which seems quite pricy but for 5 eyeliners and a mascara it works out at £3 per item and I really want to experiment with different coloured eyeliners so I thought this was a good deal.


Then, I saw this Bare Minerals palette called The Regal Wardrobe. I haven't tried a great deal from this brand so I thought it would be a nice chance to try a few different products. This was reduced to £23 and I can confirm that the powder is one of the nicest I've ever tried. Pigmented, buttery, soft and blendable. It's gorgeous.


I bought two pairs of shoes. One for work from Dorothy Perkins. These were in the sale for £16 which is the usual kinda price I'd pay for work shoes. They're black suede with a good, thick sole which is a necessity because I unintentionally ruin rubber sole shoes very quickly. I must be heavy footed.


Then I found these gems in River Island. I've been wanting a pair of black going-out boots for a long time and these are exactly what I've been looking for. They were still £30 but considering I saw some very similar for £70 I don't think I did too bad. These will go with my numerous pairs of leather pants perfectly.


Whilst we're on the subject of black leather pants, I picked up a few bits from H&M. These wet-look pants were £15 and I thought they'd go well with the black boots you can see above and these 3 blouses:





I was dubious about the jumper because the festive season is coming to an end but I settled because it's more wintery than Christmassy and it was only £7.



Finally, I impulse-bought a coat from New Look. My friend tried on this coat and a burgundy coloured one and settled for the burgundy. However, I really enjoyed the burnt-orange/auburn colour of this so I bought it for myself. I have a ginger coat and I love it. £26 well-spent IMO.

I have been altogether spoilt over the festive season. I've had beautiful gifts bought for me and treated myself generously. It's gotta be done. I'm so grateful for everything I have and I can't wait to start getting use out of everything.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas time, I've thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'm sad that everything is back to normal on Monday and I'm back as work but I suppose I have to earn back some of what I've spent!

Stay tuned for my Stuttgart photo diary which will be up soon, my 2016 goals and lots of crafty hauls. I've been going crazy for stationary in anticipation of my Erin Condren Planner arriving. I think I'm going to start a weekly planning series, let me know what you think about that in the comments! And if you know of any good planning blogs!

If you're still with me you are awesome, thank you!

See you next time,
Leanne x

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com