2016 Reading Challenge

Join me this year on a literary adventure. 

Since I left university in 2014 I don't think I've read a book that I haven't had to read for work. None spring to mind anyway. So I've decided this year to attempt this reading challenge. If I can tick even 6 of these off by December I'll be very pleased with myself. 


I'm going for 'a book published this year' as my first task and I'm already bending the rules slightly because the book I've chosen was first published in 2014. However, it's author, Andrew Michael Hurley, was on The One Show only last week discussing how his novel had recently become popular because it was the 2015 Costa Winner and it had been quoted as 'an amazing piece of fiction' by none other than Stephen King. 

That should give away the genre for you. 

The book I'm going to read is called The Loney and it's compared to Gothic literature from those such as Du Maurier and Walpole. So although it may have been published in 2014 it has only come to my attention a week ago so I figure it fits into this category. 

Horror/Gothic/Supernatural/Psychological thrillers all appeal to me no matter what form they're in so I'm hoping that this will really encourage me to get back into reading. 

I'll keep you updated with little reviews as I make my way through the list.

Let me know if you're going to have a go at the 2016 Reading Challenge and where you're going to start!

Thanks for reading, 
Leanne x

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com