Photo Diary | Chester | 26th - 27th April 2015

I'm a day behind schedule this week... better late than never though, eh? I haven't taken many pictures day-to-day this week so I thought I'd just make this a Chester Photo Diary.

My friend turned 23 last week and to celebrate 8, of us went on a girly weekend trip to Chester. We went shopping, ate awesome Italian food and drank lots of vodka!


I had never been to Chester before and I have to say, it reminded me a lot of York except the streets weren't as narrow. There were loads of quaint vintage shops and boutiques which mingled along the high streets. And there's a big mall there too with all the normal shops like River Island etc. I spent a ridiculous amount of money... there will definitely be a haul soon.


We went to an Italian restaurant on Saturday night called Convivo. It was so gorgeous inside and the food was lovely. I had spinach and cheese ravioli with a tomato sauce.


Then we went to all of Chester's finest bars and clubs ;) We started in the Slug and Lettuce; taking advantage of the 2 for 1 cocktails. Then we went to The Botanist where you could buy cocktails in a watering can. Then we wound up in a club called Cruise which reminded me a lot of Tiger Tiger in Manchester. Not my normal scene but we did have a really good night. 

I think I returned to my room about 5:30 on Sunday morning and I was up again at 10:30... believe me, I'm still recovering. We stayed in a Travel Lodge and didn't have to check out until 12pm which I thought was really great. We wandered around Primark for an hour and passed the time until we could go to The Mad Hatter's Tea Rooms for some dinner. 

I didn't actually have afternoon tea, I ordered the soup and sandwich with traditional lemonade which was so nice and refreshing. The decorations were ridiculously cute, they had crazy mirrors, bunting and fairy lights everywhere you could look. I'd definitely recommend you pay it a visit if you find yourself in Chester.



Afterwards we killed the last hour by the canal. It was such a sunny day so it was lovely to chill for an hour before the journey home. Some people hired a pedalo boat and had half an hour on the canal but I was pretty happy just sitting in the sun. 

Overal, we had such a good weekend. I'd absolutely go back again to see more things and for the shopping. There was so much to see and just not enough time to do it all. It's a really convenient city to visit too because everything it so close together. 

I hope this was interesting! let me know if you've ever been to Chester and what your thoughts are!

What's your most favourite city that you've ever visited? 

See you next time, 
Leanne x

Follow on Bloglovin


2 comments:

  1. I love Chester, I just wrote a blog about it actually, because we also went to the botanist! Glad you had a fab time, luckily its only an hour away for me so I can go quite often :)

    Lucy x
    Yellowicing.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely place... I definitely need to go back soon :) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com