Aussie Miracle Dry Shampoo

Hello everyone!
Hope you're all doing well :D

Today I have a review of the new Aussie Dry Shampoo. (Say that out loud, it rhymes!). I have the pink version which is for normal to greasy hair but I know that they have a green version too which is to add volume. You may have seen me briefly mention it in this haul post where I said that I love Aussie and that they can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.



...Well apparently they can. 

Okay, so positives of this product: it smells divine. As with all Aussie products it smells delicious, like fruit and good stuff. Also, I love the packaging, it's tall and sleek and slim and matte. 

However, it doesn't perform excellently. I say it doesn't perform great but what I actually mean is that it doesn't perform as well as other products do. We've been spoilt by how well other brands, such as Batiste, do dry shampoo-ing so it seems like this product doesn't work just because you're not getting the same result.

I have used it a few times and I've found that it has a very liquid based formula as opposed to the powdery texture we get from Batiste. It doesn't dampen your hair though so that's good. I think that it definitely does its job but you won't get the same result as using Batiste because it's not nearly as powdery. On the plus side, with less powder in the product you're less likely to get that weird white residue on your hair. Silver lining, guys.

I wouldn't personally repurchase this product because 1. It doesn't perform as well as other products and 2. It's considerably more expensive. For a 180ml bottle of Aussie, it's £4.99 whereas a 200ml bottle of Batiste is £2.99. So obviously there's a very big difference and unfortunately I couldn't justify paying that much more just because it smells awesome. 

Have you tried this dry shampoo?
What are your thoughts?

My favourite dry shampoo ever is the Umberto Gianini version. THAT is a bloody good dry shampoo.

Thanks for reading, 
Leanne x

Thoughts of the day
  • Pizza, curly fries and garlic bread for tea tonight. Yes Yes.
  • Hump day tomorrow :D
  • Been looking online at Masters Degrees this afternoon. I'm looking at online courses but they're so bloody expensive :(
  • Can someone explain to me why communications with council offices are all done by post? I'm waiting for my DBS check to be returned and I'm trying to sort out a pension plan I've been automatically entered in to. It's bugging me because it takes weeks to do anything!! Snail mail.
  • How atrocious has the weather been this week? In Manchester it has just rained all day for two days :( Bring back the sun!!

4 comments:

  1. I was gonna get this product the other day!! So glad I didn't bother now haha it might smell good or whatever but what's the point if it doesn't perform well. would love it if you could follow my blog and leave a comment beaut! www.roxancolex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, no point in buying it when something else does a better job! Thanks for commenting! :) Xx

      Delete
  2. Great blog post, i've never really ventured into dry shampoo as I don't really know what to expect of it but i'm going to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be lost without dry shampoo these days haha! You should definitely give Batiste a go :) Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com