St Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub | Face, Chest... Legs?

Hello everyone!

Today I have a review of the St Ives Apricot Scrub for you. I have it in the Naturally Clear version as that seemed like the most general type that was available.

I bought this when it was on offer in Superdrug after watching MadeYewLookTwice's YouTube video on her skin care. I took note that it's not supposed to be used regularly and since I bought it about 2 weeks ago I've used it three times on my face. I can absolutely see how people fall into the routine of using this scrub daily as it makes your skin feel SO addictively smooth. 

When I first used it, I thought I wouldn't like it as it's extremely gritty and rough on your skin but once you've washed it off you can instantly feel and see a difference. 

It looks to me like there's lots of grains of sand in it. It probably isn't actually sand but that's definitely what it feels like. The cleanser itself is very thick in texture and contains ingredients such as salicylic acid however the bottle states that the exfoliants are 100% natural and contain no oils. 


The aim of this scrub is to eliminate oils and dirt with lead to blemishes and blackheads and for best results, the directions say to use it 3-4 times a week. 

For a start, I do have quite sensitive skin so I really don't think I could use this 3-4 times a week and not get punished by my face in some way. However, I've been using it on my chest and thighs too which has been working excellently! And on these areas I could definitely use it 3-4 times a week and not have any problems. 


The skin on my chest randomly breaks out from time to time and it bugs me so much because it's not like anything irritates it or I'm putting makeup on it like I do my face. It doesn't even give me any warning either, I'll go to sleep fine and in the morning something has appeared! But through the couple of times I've used this on my chest I've really noticed a difference in the smoothness of the skin on my chest so I'll definitely continue using it there. 

On my thighs, the scrub has certainly helped, again, with smoothness. I can also be a little more abrasive on my thighs too as the skin is not as sensitive so I can use the scrub to it's full potential. It doesn't feel normal when your really scrubbing something this gritty in to your legs but woah do you feel exceptionally clean afterwards.  Not wanting to sound like a parrot but after using the scrub on my legs they look so much shinier and exfoliated, definitely would recommend pre-fake tanning your legs because it'll remove all the dead skin and the tan will be much more even.

I have to use it a little differently on my face as the skin is much more sensitive. I use about a pea sized amount and rub it between my finger tips first. Then I use it on my nose, forehead and chin. I rub it in for a few seconds and then leave it on my face for a while as I'm going about my other shower business. I do this to let the other ingredients in the exfoliator do their thing too, as well as the little scrubby bits. This works well as it's a little bit soapy too, then I rinse it off and bask in the smoothness!

Bottom line, I'd definitely recommend this, not only for use on your face but other parts of your body too. I'd generally say, go easy on your face but if your have less sensitive areas elsewhere then you can really see how it works there. Personally, I think twice a week on your face is more than enough but the recommended 3-4 times a week may be okay in other places. 


Hope this was helpful!
Leanne x

Follow on Bloglovin

Thoughts of the day

  • Welcome to August! The height of summer supposedly yet it's done nothing but rain here for two days :(
  • I picked up a few more work clothes whilst I was shopping the other day. I bought two pairs of pants from Next which robbed me of £50!!! It still hurts but I suppose they'll last longer than cheaper ones. Would you like to see a haul?
  • Cut my leg shaving this morning and I didn't notice for a while. When I looked to the floor of the shower it looked like there had been a murder. It was bleeding loads from a tiny little scratch! Had to put a plaster on it in the end. (Sorry if you're having your dinner)
  • I went to a new restaurant in Manchester on Thursday called Tops on Portland Street. It's similar to Red Hot World Buffet but a million times nicer in my opinion. I took some pics so I'll write a post on it soon :)

1 comments:

  1. I love this scrub as its so gentle on my skin but it also really stops me from breaking out in spots:)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com