Revlon Moisture Stain | Cannes Crush!

Hello everyone!

Today I have a review of one of the new Revlon Moisture Stains. I bought the shade Cannes Crush which is a light peach shade however there was a wide variety of colours to choose from, I'd say about 10-12 shades. 

This is my first 'stain' type product, I know about the famous YSL stains and the L'Oreal version but this is the first one I've personally tried. 

I thought this was a really pretty shade. There were lots of deeper pinks but I don't have much of this colour in my collection so I thought a change would be nice. 

To me, the tube makes out like the colour could be a little on the pink side but it's definitely more peach/orange on the lips. 

Upon application, I found the the product was a little bit tingly, not an uncomfortable feeling but noticeable. Also, it definitely takes two coats to get an opaque look as the first application is a bit streaky. The formula itself is not too bad. As you know, I don't like lip gloss as my hair sticks too it wayyyy too much for my liking. However, I found that this is quite thick but not too sticky. 

Although I wouldn't actually call the product moisturising in a way that it will repair your lips, it definitely held it's own moisture throughout the day, giving a smooth feeling. As I rubbed my lips together I could still feel the product there and it didn't dry out at all within about 4/5 hours wear. 

I found that the stain did wear away but it did so evenly which was a nice surprise as I was expecting to see just a ring of colour around the outside of my lips. Although the product had worn away there was still a peachy coloured stain on my lips as you can see in the image above. This was after about four and a half hours wear whilst shopping, eating, drinking and talking. At this point I would have topped it up.

Overall, I enjoyed using this product for a change. Still not a convert from my trusty lipsticks but I will continue to wear it. 

I have a feeling that the deeper shades may have more of a staining effect than this lighter shade though. So if you need something more long wearing I'd maybe check out the deeper shades. Although I haven't tried any so I can't be sure. 


Let me know if you have tried any of these Revlon Moisture Stains and your thoughts?

Hope this was helpful!
Leanne x

Follow on Bloglovin

Thoughts of the day!
  • Sadly we didn't go to the zoo :( I did go for a walk though.
  • CRAVING Domion's nachos. You have to spend at least £10.00 for them to deliver though and I don't want £10.00s worth of food. 
  • Bought some exciting things today!... Not. I bought a Morrisons breakfast and 5 of them hoover storage bags from eBay. 
  • I really really really want to go to a blogger meet up! I keep Googling to see if there are any happening in Manchester in the future but I can't find anything. I'm not even sure if you can just invite yourself either or if you have to be asked to attend haha. It would be cool though! 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard alot of mixed opinions on these! I love the shade :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I think I need to try one of the deeper colours next to see how they hold up :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com