A New Hairstyle!

Hello everyone!

Guess what? I had my mop chopped!
Left: before Right: after.
I decided to go with something different from my usual highlights and trim as I was feeling bored with my current hairstyle. I wasn't completely sure what I wanted but I have seen middle partings becoming increasingly popular recently so I decided to give it a try. 

I also had some low lights put in my hair as well as my usual highlights. This broke up the block blondness that I've had for so long.

I went for a layered look along with the new middle parting so it looks really choppy around my face but I didn't lose anything off the length at the back. 

Here are some pictures:



I absolutely love this new hairstyle. I was nervous at first because I've never had a middle parting before and I didn't know if it would suit me. Also, I have a widows peak so I wasn't sure if that would allow for a middle parting. I did have to have it slightly off centre because of this. 

I have found a way to keep the flicks at the side of my face going backwards by curling them that way. Haven't quite got the hang of just using a hairdryer and round brush yet, but I'll get there! 

Overall, my hair feels a lot lighter. I have very thick, long and curly hair so it was getting a bit ridiculous every time I washed it so these layers should halve my the time it takes...hopefully. Once I'm totally settled with the middle parting and doing the flicks myself I will be really happy with this new style. 

What do you think? Do you like the middle parting or are you a fan of the side fringe?

Thanks for reading!
Leanne x
Follow on Bloglovin

Thoughts of the day
  • It's taken me two and a half days to get up to film 7 of my Harry Potter marathon. I still have one and a half to go but I'm ploughing through and really enjoying myself. I'm realising things I never noticed before. Like when Moody points to the left when Harry enters the maze in film 4. I never noticed that before! Lol. 
  • Still wish Dumbledore didn't die.
  • I bought the first book, City of Bones, of The Mortal Instruments series as I'd heard it's a good read. Didn't know there's about 6 in the series! Haven't seen the film either. 
  • I have an ELF haul and another little beauty haul to write soon!
  • Had a shopping trip planned for tomorrow but I've heard that it's going to rain all day so it will probably be another in doors day.
  • I can really tell that the Autumn is on its way, the dark nights and mornings are drawing in..it's no fun at all. Are you a winter or summer person? I like the look of winter but it's much easier to function in the summer. 

2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks really pretty. I've been thinking of doing the same thing with my fringe recently. It looks so nice on you I think I am going to go through with it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you like it if you decide to get yours done :D x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com