Tropical Eyes!

Hello everyone!

I was looking through my recent posts and realised that I haven't done an actual makeup look or even anything makeup related for a long time. So I thought I'd better book my ideas up and I started thinking of something I wanted to write.

The result is this eye look which I've fittingly named Tropical Eyes. The beautiful coral, golden and pink colours really remind me of a tropical setting or a sunset. So if you'd like to see how I created this look, keep reading!


Whilst thinking of a makeup post idea it occurred to me how much I have neglected this 120 eBay palette. Yes, the infamous £7.00 palette with every colour under the sun that every blogger/YouTuber/makeup geek has but never use. I am guilty as charged. 

So I dug it out from the depths and decided I really would like to make use out of it for a colourful eye look. 

To say this palette is very affordable the colours are super pigmented. They are very bright especially on top of a primer. They are a little bit chalky, they seem to kick up a lot of dust when you tap the colours with your brush but for the price, I can let it slide. 

The colours don't have names but I have pointed out in the pictures below which shades I used and where. 

I started with the coral colour, definitely one of my favourites from the whole palette and incredibly pigmented. I applied this all over the inner half of my lids. Then there's a rich golden colour just above the coral which I applied to the outer half of my lid, over lapping the two in the middle.

There were two similar shades of gold next to each other but I opted for the orange toned gold as opposed to the yellow toned gold to help blend out the coral shade. 

As a transition shade in-between the colours and my brow highlight I used a light baby pink colour which is matte. This showed up really well and when all three colours were blended out it made the colours look a lot more seamless than if there had been no transition shade at all. 

As I brow highlight I just took one of the matte cream coloured shades from within this palette. 

Underneath my eyes as a liner I used an olive green shade. This complimented the coral and golden colours really well. 

You can see how pigmented the colours are above. 


After the eyeshadow I applied my normal L'Oreal Superliner in black but it looked too harsh with the summery eyeshadow colours so I went over the black with a green eyeliner I have from Avon in the shade Emerald. This provided some deepness and definition to the eyes without being too harsh on the light colours. 

I also used the Avon eyeliner in Gold underneath my eyes to blend the green eyeshadow out which I applied earlier. 

And that was the end of the eye look. It's colourful yet simple to do! Other products I used on my eyes include:


Urban Decay Primer Potion
L'Oreal Superliner in Black
MaxFactor 2000 Calorie Mascara in Black

On my face I used:

MaxFactor Colour Adapt Foundation In 40
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Shade 1
MaxFactor Creme Puff Powder
MaxFactor Flawless Perfection Blush in Natural Glow
Revlon Lustrous Lipstick in Pink Pout 


And that's the finished look! 

Hope you enjoyed this post, I certainly enjoyed creating it, I may even venture to make some similar style posts :D Let me know if that's something you would enjoy. I think I might do something with all the Sleek palettes I have. 

Thanks for reading, 
Leanne x

Follow on Bloglovin
Thoughts of the day
  • I am planning big layout changes for my blog in the near future. One thing I'd like to change is the sidebar. I'd like to have two narrower sidebars either side of the post which would be centred. I always have these grand ideas but actually pulling them off is a difficult and time consuming task. I'd also like a new nav bar at some point.
  • I am slowly creeping into the sleeping rut of not going to bed until about 2am and then not being able to wake up until about 11am. Then before I know it, it's 4 in the afternoon and my day has gone. I'm really not a morning person either so that doesn't exactly help the situation hahah. 
  • I am going for a laser eye surgery consultation on Thursday this week. I'm really hoping that they will have some good news for me! I might write a post on the whole experience if anyone would be interested in such a thing?


3 comments:

  1. I love those colours in that palette. So bright and summery! I'd definitely read your post on laser eye surgery as well, I'm sick of contacts/glasses now but too scared to go get anything done. Great blog, Sarah x http://berrysmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you :D I've actually been for my laser eye consultation now so I'll definitely get that post written soon :) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com