China Glaze, Too Yacht To Handle Vs Barry M, Greenberry

Hello everyone!

I have a little review / comparison for you today. I recently bought the China Glaze polish Too Yacht to Handle from Nail Polish Direct, you may have seen my China Glaze haul a few days ago! Well today I thought I'd tell you what I think and also compare it to the Barry M Greenberry which is a very similar colour. 


I absolutely love China Glaze polishes. They have such a vast range of colours, finishes and textures that it's difficult to choose which ones to buy! I do think though that they are extremely over priced. At about £13 a bottle RRP I would be disappointed to say the least if I payed that price considering how they perform. 

The main problem is that they chip so quickly, I wore Grass is Lime Greener last week and I had to take it off the next day because it had chipped that badly. So, in my opinion with China Glaze polishes you need to buy a top coat. 

Although I think the £13 price tag is too excessive, I suspect that price is something to do with the shade range they have. Some of the colours differentiate by a fraction. You can definitely find the exact shade you're looking for in this line and if it's available on a discount website like Nail Polish Direct then that's great!


Too Yacht to Handle is a gorgeous summery turquoise. You can find this shade in a lot of jewellery so it would be easy to find something that matches and makes it pop, I think it looks really flattering throughout the warmer months!

Had I seen this shade in person before I bought it on the website I may have refrained from buying it simply because I already have a nail polish that is almost identical. 

Barry M's Greenberry is extremely similar. There is only the slightest difference in colour. From looking at it I'd say that the Barry M shade is slightly greener whereas the China Glaze is a little more turquoise. However, if you were wearing both shades on either hand you would have to be analysing it to tell the difference.


Not that Too Yacht to Handle isn't a beautiful colour, I'd just say that over all if you're looking for a shade similar to this I'd recommend that you try the Barry M Greenberry. It's cheaper, lasts longer, you don't need a top coat and it's available in a store.


Hope this was helpful!
Thanks for reading, 
Leanne x
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I have China Glaze Too yacht to handle and love it! it's such a beautiful color!! :) And i love your blog! and can't wait to read more! I also followed you on GFC and bloglovin!

    Also I'm new to blogging and i'm trying to meet some fellow bloggers so I'd love if you had some time if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think! it'd be greatly appreciated!

    thanks so much xoxo Randa
    http://pandaraige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i love turquoise! your blog is really nice, ill gladly be a new follower:)
    please visit my blog too if you have a minute

    maayhappy.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com