January Favourites!

Hello Everyone!
Can you believe it's February already? January has flown by! 

The start of a new month means Favourites! So I thought I'd show you the things I used a lot throughout January, I don't usually write a favourites post because I forget to keep track throughout the month then before I know it we're in the middle of a new month. So I hope you enjoy my first Favourites post. 

First of all, this duo has bee my go to lip look for the whole month and latter of December. It's a Sleek Lipstick in the shade Smother and I put the Maybelline Baby Lips over the top of it. That helps to blend out the colour and make my lips look even. I have a review on Smother which you can see HERE.

I bought the Botanics Hot Cloth Cleanser towards the beginning of January from Boots when it was on offer and I've used it almost every night since then. I love it, it a really good cleanser and I'll definitely be writing a review soon. And I would repurchase it again at full price. 

MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation in NC15 has been my most worn foundation throughout Jan. I took it to Berlin with me and since then I've just continued to wear it. I like it's fuller coverage and I just enjoy the way it looks and wears throughout the day. As it's quite a thick, gel based foundation it really looks best applied with a brush and for that job I've been using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush!

I used to hate painting my nails, I found it really tedious but since treating myself to some new pretty nail polishes I've been enjoying the process a lot more! My favourite collection at the moment has to be the Maybelline Colour Show Top Coats. I just apply them over a black nail polish and they look really nice. I've had so many compliments on them too. Also, I love wearing the Barry M matte polish in espresso underneath the Revlon Top Coat in Stunning. That combination it the best.

Favourite songs this month include two songs from The Killers - Sweettalk and Spaceman! I've also been loving Awolnation's Sail. Give them a listen if you're not familiar! 

Games wise, I'm sure I'm not alone on the Flappy Bird front. I'm yet to get past 20 and it frustrates me greatly but since it's been consuming lots of my time recently I thought it deserved a mention. Also, I loved the Flow game, I completed it in a day but, yeah, it was a good day!

The Yankee Candle in Sugared Apple has been January's candle. I received this for Christmas off my Mum and I've been burning it since then. I still have about a 5th of the jar left which should see me to the middle of Feb! I also have a review on this HERE. It's gorgeous and if I could burn it all year round, I would!

I've also been loving this downloadable calendar. It's been keeping my blog organised throughout Jan and is probably the reason I managed to post something everyday. I might download February but I'm not sure because I bought a Filofax and that's currently not being used because I just write things on this. Nevertheless, It has been helpful this month! You can download it from Obsessed By Beauty's blog HERE.

Last but certainly not least, I bet you're all sick of hearing me talk about this programme now haha The Originals! Watching this programme has really put me off The Vampire Diaries because it's just in a different league. I won't say too much other than GO AND WATCH IT! It's so good. 

So that's everything that comes to mind this month!
What have been your January Favourites? 

Thanks for reading, 
Leanne x

3 comments:

  1. I've been loving the Sleek lipsticks too!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog!! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Head over to my blog to check it out :)
    http://itsreneeallen.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/liebster-award.html

    -Renee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sleek lipstick xx

    realisebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com