How to de-clip your curlers!

Hello everyone!

Today I thought I'd show you a quick and simple trick to remove the clip from your curlers. By 'clip' I mean the part that you push back to wrap your hair around the barrel then release to clip your hair in place. I don't know whether it's because I've only ever used a normal barrel curler that I can't use curlers with clips but they just don't work for me and the majority of the time the clip just leaves a kink in my hair anyway!

I did try to use these with the clip on but ended up burning my neck! I've never burnt myself on a hair tool before so I think we can clarify that curlers with clips are not for me.


There is however, a simple solution to this problem as with the majority of curlers you can actually remove the clip quite easily. 

Here's how you do it.

**Seek parental advise if you're not sure**
**Make sure they are UNPLUGGED before you attempt this**
**Be Careful**

So first of all, you need to remove the stand. Usually you just have to pull this out. Then you have to use a screw driver to remove the two screws on the side of the curler. Once you've removed them you should be able to take the clip off altogether. You'll be left with just the final screw and the spring. Remove the final screw making sure you hold on to the barrel carefully. 

Once you have put the spring to one side you need to replace the last screw as that's the one which holds the iron to the handle. 


It's up to you whether you reattach the two side screws. I didn't because they stuck out a bit and I knew my hair would get caught around them. If the iron begins to come loose though turn the curlers off immediately!

You should now be left with just a normal barrel curling iron.


In my opinion this makes them much more easier to use and as long as you have one of them heat gloves you should be good to go! No more burnt necks!

Let me know how you got on if you attempted this. 
You may have to tweak the instructions a little if your curlers are different to these but you can definitely take the clip off most of them!

Thanks for reading, 
see you next time, 
Leanne x

P.S. I deleted my mysteriousneonlights Instagram page because I was having a few problems with it. I am going to make another one in the next few days or so but if you're wondering why the links aren't working that's why. Not to worry though, there will be a new Instagram soon!

P.P.S Sorry for the poor quality of the photos! these were taken on my phone in dark lighting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com