Blogger made me buy it tag!

Hello everyone!

I've seen this tag flying around recently on the blogs (I could kind of say that blogs made me write this tag too haha). I found it quite interesting, admitting to myself that I have a makeup problem and need to stop buying more. But hey ho, I could be addicted to worse things!

Anyway, as always if you're reading this consider yourself tagged and leave me a link in the comments with your answers, I'm always looking for new blogs to read!

Enjoy!

1. Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones you really rely on for reviews and swatches?

I think Emily Noel from Beauty Broadcast does the best reviews, on her blog and on her YouTube. If I really want a review on something I check if she has one first. Emily's reviews are informative and insightful, she always provides swatches and usually a demonstration of her using the product. Brilliant in my opinion!


2. Do you buy a product solely as a result of one review from your favourite bloggers or do you look for more reviews from others?

It depends if it's something I've been looking for or interested in buying. If, for example, I saw one of my favourite bloggers talk about a particularly good primer and I was looking for one at that time, I'd probably just pick it up the next day. If one of my favourite bloggers review something that I'm not currently looking for but I like the sound of, I won't deliberately look for it but if I see quite a few people talking about it, I'll buy it. 

3. What is your most favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?

Probably all my high end makeup. I started writing a blog long after I became infatuated with makeup. I've been wearing makeup since about year 9 in school but was only really aware of drugstore cosmetics in Boots and Superdrug so after I started blogging and watching YouTube I became a lot more aware of high end brands. I love all my MAC purchases, my Urban Decay palettes, my Benefit bits and bobs and I recently made my first NARS purchase so yeah, they're my favourites!

4. What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?

Thinking about it, I did buy the Tutti Fruity shade of the lip butters which is an orange shade. It was my first lip butter and I hated it! It's bloody awful that shade. I bought it because of Zoella on YouTube. Biggest waste of £8.00.



I can't really think of anything else I've bought that I don't like. I buy a lot of makeup, but I'm careful and I know what I like. If I get to Boots and think it won't suit me I either won't buy it or choose a different colour. (Aside from the lip butter shenanigan, of course).

5. Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blogs?

Oh gosh, erm, Baby Lips definitely, I was that sick of hearing about them that I couldn't wait for them to arrive in the UK so that we could all just get over them! Having said that, I have the green one and I am quite fond of it.... Origins Super Spot Remover, before blogging I would never ever have spent £14.00 on a spot treatment. Real Techniques brushes, I only have one, the Expert Face Brush but it was from blogging influence that I bought it! I recently bought a FiloFax... can anyone guess where the influence came from for that?! Lastly, the Botanics hot cloth cleanser, I really like this! I bought it when I saw it was on offer. I think I read that on A Thrifty Mrs' blog.

6. Have you ever given in to blogger hype? If so, which hype?

I recently jumped on the Lip Butter band wagon again. As mentioned above, the orange one put me off for ages but I bought the Raspberry Pie before Christmas which I love, then I proceeded to buy two more... (Haul coming soon!)

7. Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?

I avoid most hair product hypes. When I see someone banging on about a hair product I apparently need in my life a little voice in my head says 'no I don't, you don't know my hair' and just move on. Other than that, I have avoided the Breaking Bad hype. I started watching it, saw the first season then kind of couldn't get back in to it. I'm debating trying again though so maybe I haven't avoided it that well...

8. Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?

I buy most things before seeing a review to be honest. I like to be the one writing the reviews for people to read so if I see a new product, I usually pick it up unless I think I won't use it. 

Thanks for reading everyone!
See you next time,
Leanne x
Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Etsy

P.S. Just burnt my neck with my curlers, feeling very sorry for myself :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com