MaxFactor Whipped Creme Foundation

Hello Everyone!

As you may have seen a couple of posts ago I bought the new Whipped Creme foundation by MaxFactor. I bought the product out of general interest as well as the potential review aspect for here on the blog. I love a lot of MaxFactor products, you may have noticed I mention them a lot, I don't really know why I've just never had a problem or been disappointed by anything the brand has produced which is great.


Therefore, when I saw this new foundation I knew I definitely had to try it. Using it was also a bit of a learning curve for me too as I've never used a actual cream foundation before so that was interesting. 

Anyway, I thought I'd let you know how I've been getting on with it, hope you enjoy reading! 


 It's actually a really interesting formula, it's extremely light weight and the consistency is so smooth and easy to blend it's really nice to work with. I find that as I'm applying it, it looks a little too dark for my skin however when it's settled and properly blended it seems to set to the typical 'ivory 40' shade from MaxFactor. It does set to a matte finish but I would recommend taking some powder out with you to touch up after a few hours as it does get a little glowy throughout the day. 

I would say that this foundation definitely doesn't give a high coverage, actually I'd say it's quite a light coverage which I didn't expect from something that looks quite thick. However after I'd applied it I realised that it wasn't thick at all and the formula goes on quite sheer. As far and building coverage I don't think you'd get away with applying any more than two layers before it looks cakey and powdery. I've also noticed that despite it having an initial matte finish as the day wears on it tends to turn a little darker and glowy than when it's first applied but it's nothing some powder can't sort out.


When I apply it I tend to just dip my finger in and dab it around my face then blend it with my Expert Face Brush. That seems to be the easiest way to use it as you can't just squeeze a bit out like you can with a foundation in a tube. I wouldn't really recommend going in to the pot with your brush to get the product out because you'll definitely get too much on the brush. If anyone's worked out a different way to use this foundation let me know in the comments I'd be happy to hear it!


Overall, I do really like this foundation, it feels like you're using a much more expensive product when you apply it as its texture is so light and smooth and very blendable. I like the matte finish although I think applying a little powder on top as well would do no harm and it definitely needs touching up throughout the day even if you have dry skin. I'd say the shade of it is pretty much the same as the other MaxFactor foundations even though it looks a little darker in the pot.

I'd recommend giving this foundation a go if you're looking for something a little different and I definitely think you'd enjoy this product if you're a fan of the more creamy foundations. I wouldn't recommend it if touching up through out the day is something you don't like to do.

I hope this was helpful if you're thinking about buying the new Whipped Creme Foundation!

Any questions I'd be happy to answer them in the comments,
Also, let me know how you've got on with this foundation if you've been using it.

See you next time,
Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram

2 comments:

  1. It looks like ts not very comfortable in usage. But the structure and shade is very good!

    http://liz-breygel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, if only it was easier to apply, everything else is great just wish it was in a tube! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com