John Frieda Everlasting Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner

Hello everyone!

I recently picked up the new John Frieda Everlasting Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner. As my hair is purple at the ends I try to make an effort to keep the blonde looking light and vibrant so the ombre effect looks good. I saw these on a few different blogs and thought I'd give them a go and share the results with you! 

I've only used them twice up to now and I think you can see a bit of a difference:
Before
After
It's not a dramatic effect and it definitely doesn't make your hair more blonde like a toner would but I think it does a decent job of diminishing some brassy tones and yellowness. I don't know whether this is a product which works over time and uses or whether the first result is the best you're gonna get but I do like it and I can tell a difference. 

Having said that, my hair is very dyed anyway, I have blonde highlights put in my hair about 3 times a year. That may not seem a lot but I have a whole head of them and I've been having highlights for over seven years so there is something there for it to lighten. So basically if you don't already have blonde hair I don't think it'll have an effect unfortunately. If you want to really lighten your blonde I'd recommend the Colour Restore Iced Platinum Toner which you can see HERE, that's a really good way to instantly lift your blonde and it's a lot more effective than any shampoo and conditioner.

I think this is an efficient and easy way to keep on top of your blonde highlights. You don't have to add an extra step in to your hair care you just have to change the products you're already using which I like. I would not recommend this if you're looking for a dramatic lifting effect because you're really not going achieve it but if you're just looking to keep on top of the colour and keep the brassy tones at bay this will work for you. Again, if you don't have a lot of colour on your hair in the first place I don't think you're going to get the best results out of this product.

Also, I'll mention that although this shampoo and conditioner pulls off what it's designed to do really well, it also says that it leaves hair 'feeling soft' which I don't overly agree with. I think they should have just left that bit out really. It doesn't leave my hair feeling like wire wool by any means but it doesn't really leave it feeling particularly 'soft' either. If you have damaged hair I think you'd maybe want to use another more conditioning product too. 

Price wise, I think it could be considered a little over priced for a shampoo and conditioner. Granted, you get a fair amount of product, I think you get 250ml but at the end of the day it's just a shampoo and conditioner, it cleans your hair and brightens your blonde a bit and there are a million other products out there that do the same thing. If you are looking to buy these I'd definitely look out for any deals they have on the brand, I got these on 3 for 2 so I picked up another conditioner too. 

I would recommend this product, I wouldn't overly rave about it but I do like it for what it is. If you have really high expectations for it I'd definitely lower them before you buy it because it's not anything ground breaking. Having said that, it does just advertise itself as a 'colour preserver' so you can't knock it as it does do what it says it's meant to.

Price: £5.99
JOHN FRIEDA EVERLASTING BLONDE

Anyway, that's it, I'm going before I waffle on! 

Hope you're all having a great day enjoying a bit of September sunshine, look how sunny it is outside and I'm sat here making headers for my blog and writing about shampoo! #dedication 


Any questions or thoughts please leave them in the comments I'd be happy to answer them!
See you next time,
Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful result...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've followed you on GFC and Bloglovin' :) you have a wonderful blog! Leanne x

      Delete
  2. understand aЬoᥙt. Yoᥙ controlled to hit the nail upⲟn thе һighest and ɑlso outlined out thе ԝhole thing ԝithout һaving sіde
    eye lash growth Faisalabad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com