Beauty and Homeware Haul!

Hello everyone!

I've been collecting a few bits and bobs to show you over the last few weeks or so, I've used a few of them already so I'll give you some mini reviews where I can!


My sister and I went to Manchester to have a walk around the shops and get something to eat and I ended up picking a few things up there.



First of all, I bought a new L'Oreal Super Liner in Black Lacquer because mine ran out that morning. I absolutely love this liquid liner I just wish it wasn't so expensive, I think at £6.49 it's a bit over priced. I Still love it and wear it everyday!

Next, we went in the Duty Free shop I mentioned in THIS post and I picked up a huge donut bun. I already have a smaller one but I just thought this one would look a bit different. I also bought another of the glitter pigments. This one is white and has blue flecks in it, it's so pretty, I've been using them on my nails and they look really nice, going to collect them all haha.


Lastly from that shopping trip, I finally got my hands on the Benefit Boi-ing concealer. It was £17.50 so I was expecting amazing things. I have used it a few times and so far, I think it's really good.


It's a thick, creamy consistency yet not too thick to wear under your eyes. I have a couple of face demons on my chin at the moment (we'll get to that later) and this covers them up really well. When I've had the chance to really test it I'll give you a full review! I'm looking forward to writing it and I really hope I continue to love this product!


I've also just picked up a few other bit and bobs while I've been out and about so I thought I'd include them too.


I bought 2 new lip products, one from Collection and I finally got one of the Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquers.

I bought the Collection lipstick in shade 8 because I was so drawn to the colour and for £2.99 you can't really complain. I've worn it a lot since buying it and I love it. It's creamy but it still stays on your lips for a long time, it definitely doesn't dry your lips out and the colour is very pigmented. If I see more shades I like I'll definitely be picking them up!

You can see what it looks like on me below:


I picked up the Apocalips in the shade Apocalyptic. It's a very vibrant pink. I'd actually say it's verging on red. I was debating between this one and a peach colour but I decided on this one and I'm happy I did. I've only tried it on so far I haven't actually worn it out yet because it's so awkward to wear. I found that it didn't stay where I put it and it kept getting on my teeth too which doesn't happen with any other lip product I own. I just think it'll be too high maintenance for a whole day out so I haven't tested it yet.


Although I think it'll be difficult to keep on top of I do love the product. It's highly saturated, you don't have to build it up to get the colour, it's just there with one coat. It feels nice on the lips too, I just wish it wasn't so tricky to use. But I will let you know how I get on with it when I've used it a bit more.



Lastly on the beauty front, I picked up this Simple Soothing Facial Toner. I've used it a few times and I think it may have dried my skin out or just reacted really badly with it. After using it about 3 times all the skin around my chin just turned really dry and horrible and I also got a few face demons which was weird because aren't they usually the cause of oily skin?

Anyway, I'm not 100% whether it was this that dried my skin out but it's only just recovering after about 5 days so I haven't been brave enough to try it again yet. I will keep you updated though incase that's something you're interested in.


I've only bought one clothing item recently which may seem unusual. I went to Freeport near Blackpool not too long ago and Next had a sale on so I just picked up this bargainous £3 green sequin top.

I thought it'd be nice to tuck in to a skirt or just wear with pants and for £3 (reduced from £28 the label says) you can't really pass it up can you?

Finally, I have a few home ware items to show you:


 I've been fed up with my makeup storage for a while now. Currently I just have it stored within about 7 different makeup bags so things aren't getting used or are just being forgot about. I wanted to buy a small draw unit but I couldn't find anything I liked until I saw these boxes in Home Sense. 

They're just three empty boxes, I think the largest one I'm going to put face things in, the middle one eye products and the small one lip products and just have them stacked on top of each other on the table. I'll write a post about it when I get round to actually reorganising it so look out for that if you enjoy storage kind of things! 

The large and middle size boxes were £5.99 each and the small box was £3.99. 


Then we went to Wilkinsons because I wanted some dividers for inside the boxes but I didn't find any. I did pick up a new coffee cup and jewellery tree though! The coffee cup is the coolest thing ever IMO! It was the last one left and I just had to have it. It has such cool drawings on it. it's a good size and it's green on the inside! It was only £2.25 too so an all round winner!


I also saw this cool jewellery tree. I've been looking for one for a while now and I've been umming and ahhing about a few on eBay and one I saw in Debenhams then I saw this one for only £3 and just bought it. I think it's really pretty and will look good stood next to the makeup boxes!


 Last of all, also from Wilkinsons, I picked up 3 artificial flowers. I see lots of bloggers taking really pretty pictures with floral backgrounds and mine are so boring so I picked up these. They were 3 for £3 and I think they'll do the job nicely! What do you think? 

So that's all from me for today! Look out for my new makeup storage if that's something you like to read! I hope you've all had a great day!
Thanks for reading!
P.s. Look at Hector and his new friend!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com