MaxFactor 'False Lash Effect' Mascara, Review!

Hello everyone!

If you follow me on Twitter, you'll have seen me tweet about the MaxFactor False Last Effect Mascara released as part of the 'signed' Gwyneth Paltrow range. I don't think it's a newly released mascara, I think it's been re-released with the novelty of the 'signed' packaging (it's not actually signed, it's a sticker).

I thought I'd review it nonetheless and I absolutely love it. I love volumising mascaras, I'm not too in to the whole 'lengthening' scene but I do love thick lashes and I sometimes have difficulty finding a good volumising mascara that doesn't make your lashes clumpy. The spider lash look doesn't suit me! 


Also from MaxFactor I love the 2000 Calorie mascara and since I like that one so much I knew I had to try this one too. I've used SO many MaxFactor mascaras in the past, I'm going to write a review on my best/worst soon!

Wand comparison. Left: 2000 Calorie. Right: False Lash Effect

My initial thought on this mascara was 'woah, look at the wand', it's amazing, it's absolutely huge. (Trying to describe a mascara wand is difficult, no sexual innuendoes here guys!). It actually reminds me of an Avon 'SuperShock' mascara I used many moons ago when I first started using makeup if anyone's familiar with that. You can see the comparison below.


The biggest difference is that the brush bristles get shorter towards the end as the brush tapers inwards on the MaxFactor mascara which doesn't happen on the Avon one. This helps for easier application towards the inner lashes and bottom lashes. Also, the brush is straight rather than curved which I personally prefer as I don't get it all over my eyelids like I do with a curved wand.


Formula wise, I don't find it to be liquidy, it's quite a thick formula but it definitely doesn't clump your lashes together as it has a lot of separating bristles on the brush. Also, although the formula is quite thick, it must have a narrow stopper at the top because the brush isn't overly coated with product when you take it out. I really like this, it's easier to layer mascara than to take excess mascara off, isn't it?


I think this mascara has a really nice effect on the lashes, it thickens, separates and definitely adds some volume, I wouldn't really say it has a noticeable lengthening effect, for me at least. It's a very dark black colour which creates a really nice frame for your eyes and really defines your eye colour. I wouldn't go as far to say that it makes you look like you have false lashes on. It does say False Lash Effect and it is an effect but it's definitely not quite that dramatic. If you want the false lash look you're probably better off just sticking to the false lashes, however this is really nice for those of you who want volumised, kind of dramatic lashes without the hassle of actually applying lashes. 

It's one of the best MaxFactor mascaras I've tried for a while, a very good mascara to have in your collection IMO. 5 Stars from me!

You can purchase or view this mascara at Boots HERE.

Would I recommend this mascara? yes!
Would I repurchase this mascara? yes!

Thanks for reading this, I hoped it helped you :)
Let me know what you think of this mascara if you've tried it, I'd be happy to hear from you!

See you next time,

P.s. I placed my first ever ROMWE order today! Very excited!
Also, if anyone has any post suggestions or anything they'd like me to review, let me know and I'll try my best to do so :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com