NEXT 'Cashmere Eyeshadow Palette' First Impressions

Hello everybody!

Whilst in York on Wednesday, I picked up this nude eyeshadow palette from Next. I didn't know Next had a cosmetics range. I know they did fragrances and creams and what-not but not makeup! It was a pleasing find! 





I just thought I'd do a little unboxing/review/swatch kind of post showing the colours and my initial thoughts then I plan to do a post showing a few looks with the palette. 

The palette has a really nice array of 12 different nude shades including your typical bronze colours along with come light cream and white shadows but it also has some purple and grey shades in there too which I like. I think this makes for some diversity, you could create some really nice warm looks and some cool looks with this palette.

The first 6 shadows here include the larger shades. One of the large colours is a really pretty shimmery cream colour, I think this would make a nice highlight colour under your brow bone if you're not in to exact white or even on your face.




This first set of swatches starts on the right going anti clockwise around the palette. I really like the second shade along, the peachy colour. I think it's really nice for summer. I'm actually debating taking this on holiday for my eyeshadows as I think there's enough range there to find something different everyday.

The pigment isn't amazing at first, you can definitely build the colour up to make it more vibrant though. I haven't tried them wet yet but I'm sure that would make a difference too. I'll let you know if I ever use them wet.

Below are 6 of the smaller shades. These actually run left-right along with the swatches.





The first shade is very shimmery. When swatching them I definitely thought this was the most pigmented of them all. It's a nice golden/coppery shade which I think would look lovely in a smoky eye look. The third shade along is a matte brown shade which is also nicely pigmented.

Overall I think this palette offers a decent amount of good quality shadows. It's very compact and sturdy which is another reason I'm considering taking it on holiday. I think you could create a variety of looks including warm, cool, smoky, summery etc without the fuss of using all different products. Additionally, the palette includes matte and shimmer shades to choose from depending on what you like. There is definitely something for everyone. It even comes with 2 sponge applicators (not to be disregarded IMO) and a mirror! 

The price: £6 (How brilliant is that?!)

Would I recommend this? definitely 100%.
Would I repurchase? yes.

Have you tried this palette? What are your thoughts?

Thanks for reading!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com