L'Oreal 'Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Fresh Feel Gel' Review

Hello everybody,

A while ago I picked up the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze self tanning gel from Boots. (Links will be below). Initially, what drew me to this particular tanner was the idea that it's designed to go on your face if you want it to. 

Since I purchased it, I have been using it ever since so I think a review is in order!


There are both pros and cons to this self tanner, as with any, in my opinion.

First off, it is extremely pleasant to apply. What I mean by this is that it's not a thick cream consistency as with some self tanners. I like to squeeze some of the product on to a self tanning mitt and just rub it in to my skin. It goes on like air. I'm not kidding, when you first apply it you can't feel it on your skin. I was amazed. Additionally, at first, it has a very pleasant scent to it too unlike the majority of self-tanners.

However, after about 5 minutes the product must kind of thicken and you can start to feel it on your skin. It's not sticky by any means, you just know it's there. Also, the nice scent disappears and you're left with the normal tan scent. It's definitely not an overpowering scent though; it's dealable. 

This is definitely a tan which develops over a few hours, don't rely on it as an instant tan. If you want it for the night time make sure you apply it early in the morning, if not the night before, to let it develop. The product itself is clear so you can't actually see where you're applying it. For me, this isn't necessarily a problem, I just double check that everything's thoroughly rubbed in. I have however, never used it on my face so I can't comment on that. If I do ever apply it to my face I'll definitely do a review. I even bought a teeny tiny tanning face mitt, I'm just too nervous to put it on my face knowing how long it actually lasts. 

I have it in the shade medium and I can say that it develops in to quite a strong tan. If you're very pale, like me, you don't want to be applying loads because it is quite dark. You get 150ml and I've barely made a dent in the product, probably because I don't apply lots of it. Therefore, for me, I don't mind paying quite a lot for it. If you're applying lots of it everyday, obviously it's not going to last long. 

The tan itself lasts for a surprisingly long time. I found this out on my first attempt at using it when I was trying to get it off my hands to no avail. It lasts me about 3 days without reapplying. Which is very good staying power in my opinion. 

The one and only problem I've had with this tanner is with my hands. No matter how I apply it to my hands it will look uneven. I don't know whether it's just me but be careful not to get it on your knuckles because they'll be orange for sure. 

The price of this product is £12.99 and you can buy it HERE.
I would definitely recommend you buy a tanning mitt to apply it with.

Would I recommend this product? yes.
Would I repurchase this product? yes.

Thanks for reading!
If you have any thoughts/questions leave them in the comments and I will get back to you!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I read every single comment and reply to them all. If you have any other questions you can Tweet me @MystNeonLights :)

 












Follow


Contact
ridgway.leanne@gmail.com